Thursday, February 19, 2009

weighing scale blues....

So it isnt a secret that losing weight has been on my todo list for as long as I have been making one….ten years ago, I was thin enough to have a nickname “somalian” …. Today, most pictures of me have a visible double chin….

Ok so I cant look the way I did ten years ago….i wont even have the same kind of metabolism….i actually used to eat a full portion of chicken biryani and be ready for some more!! turning vegetarian didnt help..... not that it was because of the weight loss.....

Like one third of the world, I have been trying to lose weight….atleast in my head if not really….having a food blog doesn’t help….ok…so this is my latest excuse….i’ve tried everything from saying I have no time to having an allergy to cold and not being a morning person….

the last time i had a food chart and listed down every damn thing i put into my mouth, just doing that made me lose a couple of kilos in a month... this time that isnt working either....

I cringe when I have to go shopping for clothes…. Stuff for the house I will happily spend hours choosing…ask me to go buy a pair of jeans and you can see me reduced to a pile of nerves….each time I have gone to the tailor, it is to give the “measurement kurta” and tell him to make it looser by an inch all over…..

in the past, i've been on crash diets, with great success...only to yo yo back a few months later.....currently it isnt the weight... that is the by product.... but i feel the need to build an earnest effort towards better health.....with the lifestyles we have.....its high time i make a concrete start to building a better lifestyle....

its been said that anything repeated for 21 days without a break, becomes a habit.....i havent done it for 4 days straight, but doesnt 4 days a week count for some kind of pattern? i have been walking....about 4 kms....

so then... what is your prescription?? for weight loss?? and better health?? and hey dont tell me to starve...i write a food blog afterall!!
ets s

1 comment:

Swapna said...

Wow.. that could have been me...writing this post..except I haven't become a vegetarian..!!

Let me when know u get the magic fix.. :)