Thursday, December 18, 2014

Tis (almost) the season

It's like I don't want this year to end. I've tried and failed miserably to make it last longer by ignoring the days and dates. I looked at my phone calendar this morning and was shocked that it is already the 18th.

At the beginning of this month, I swore I would make the last month of the year really count. This meant that I would work hard and end the year on a high note. After the first week, all of that went down the drain and with it, I went into a downward spiral of lackluster energy.

I spent a whole week watching videos online, whole chunks of the day just went down the drain hole that is the internet. A few mismanaged days and a whole week was lost. I managed to pull myself out of the hole and attended to some family commitments on the next weekend and had the whole shebang over for a lunch which I enjoyed making, but didn't enjoy eating!

Classes at the studio have been slow. And today I told myself that mentally I had checked out for the whole year. I hope to do my customary year end post which serves as a reminder for all that I have done, what I missed and what I look forward to in the new year.

I've spent long days reading, sleeping, really giving my attention to my cooking, cleaning the house, watching over Sage and cuddling with him. To me this is enough and I am not going to shame myself with regret at having wasted a couple of weeks. As the festive season kicks in, I haven't even put up the Christmas tree yet, will remedy that tomorrow.

Amma was to spend christmas with me this year for a change, but she's had a bout of ill health that's left her drained and so she's decided not to come over. It will be just us for Christmas now as always. I'm hoping to make it small and meaningful. 

No comments: