Friday, February 22, 2008

Cant wait!!

Two things that have excited me the most this past few weeks….. my impending holiday….. and my weight (yes I get excited when it comes down!!)!!

First things first I finally have a passport!! Hurrah!! Double hurrah!! I found every excuse in the book so far……I didn't have a passport sized foto…was too fat to take one….hadn't threaded my eyebrows….didn't have on a good top……..didn't find a good photographer….. Didn't know where to take one….the list is endless…. If I could make up excuses for 5 years imagine how creative I am!! The real things that were acceptable as excuses were the fact that I had no document to show as proof of identity and address…. So the sheepish admission that I didn't have a passport continued for many years…. till suddenly K was supposed to take a foreign trip for work, and said he'd take me along and post his completion of work, we'd take a break and take in a holiday…so I went into overdrive…guess how long it took after I applied?? 5 days!! all of that…!! I applied through tatkal…hence the quick processing!! But I made an event of it…..!! so celebrate that and a belated valentine's day K surprised me with a trip to Maldives (isn't he the bestest??) !! We leave on the 3rd of march……….I cant wait to get there….the pictures of the resort we're staying at are beyond words……..

The next is that I have managed to lose 5 kilos and am closer to my ideal weight than ever!! Just another 5 to go….its the first time in 3 years that I have been able to do this…yes I did go on a diet…and no it wasn't one of those "starve till you collapse" ones…. This one is my own concection…..it also means that in the last 4 weeks I have eaten rice only 3 times (sigh!!) but anything for reducing my girth….. since it has all happened in 4 weeks, my friends have exclaimed in disbelief!! If there is one thing that pleases someone more than diamonds (albeit an overweight someone) it is to be told that they have lost weight / look thinner………….

So there you have it……two things that have given me more excitement than anything else these past few weeks!! If you catch me grinning…you know now why!!

3 comments:

Sreelu said...

Passport is 5 days thats real fast,enjoy your trip to Maldives that such a sweet surprise :). Post pics of you and your trip

Raaga said...

share your diet with me please... I'd love to shed my extra weight...

congrats and have fun girl!!

Rupa said...

Hey Anu,
thats really cool yah...Maldives...have fun and Please,please share me your diet...I need to get rid of some too....
Rupa.