Monday, February 18, 2008

Last Friday I decided to attend a cookery class that was being advertised for a while now….of the bouquet I chose Lebanese food and looked forward to the class with a great degree of excitement…not just because Lebanese is one of my favourite kinds of food, but it would be nice to attend a class rather than conduct one…..

I was so wrong….the unpreparedness to the point where halfway during class the cook was dispatched to buy ingredients, most ingredients were being substituted for what was actually on hand anyways….the cook actually demonstrated a few of the items, and all I could think of was if he'd washed his hands……the instructor kept scratching her head throughout (albeit with failed discretion)…..

I politely refused to eat the food…but tasted all of it to confirm if I my gut feeling right or just taking my imagination too far and giving her less credit than she deserved….paid up and bolted….i regretted that I dragged along S….though we had a good laugh afterwards and couldn't stop thinking how all this happened with no remorse….

Let me put it down to spending all that money on a valuable life lesson……the next time I will trust my instinct and run as fast as I can….


3 comments:

Vaishali said...

Hi Arundati, Thanks for visiting my blog, and I am glad I found yours. I love Lebanese food too, and was lucky to have a friend from Lebanon who taught me some traditional recipes passed down by her mom. By the way, I had a good laugh reading your post about the cook running out to buy ingredients halfway through the class!

arundati said...

hey vaishali...thanks for dropping by!! how lucky for you to have access to the authentic stuff....i will be coming to your blog for more now....

Cham said...

Hi Arundati,
Thanks for ur comment. What a coincident, i posted a lebanese origin recipe and u joined the course. I ve tasted Lebanese food, well that is not for my taste buds except the Tabouli... I really enjoyed reading ur post :)