Thursday, January 19, 2012

a cure for everything....well, almost

i couldnt sleep last night till about 2.30 a.m. i was hiding under my razai and reading about the kardashian family on my ipad... i know... i should have been shot! i finally forced myself to sleep because i knew that i would be woken up in a couple of hours by the pooch wanting to go for his morning walk....

i was determined today to make myself feel better... no matter what...

oh! on a side note, i got my iphone screen fixed yesterday... 3 weeks ago, Sage knocked it out of my hands and the screen cracked into 30 odd pieces... it still worked tho it was an eyesore...

so with the phone fixed i was feeling infinitely better than yesterday....

renuka was on leave today... some death in the family... and so i got into the kitchen....

i made an omelet for our breakfasts..... on a spur, i bought 30 eggs yesterday! so i had to start using some of them up....

i cooked tomato dal, made raw banana cutlets with mint which turned out amazing...i cooked rice for sage and my lunch and boiled some pumpkin for pumpkin cinnamon rolls (all in the pressure cooker)... i was on fire....

i mixed up some batter for chocolate cupcakes... i have to make 5 dozen and i wanted to start early...

there's something that being in the kitchen does to me... it makes me forget...even myself

i forget my anxiety, my anger, my failures, my successes, my ego, my state of dishevelment or that my nails are beautifully painted.... i just forget everything... and peel, slice, chop, cook...i frequently wave my hands over the pan and inhale deeply... even if i am frying onions....

cooking and baking has given me more pleasure than anything else....why even rearranging my pantry cupboard makes me feel more in control of my life...

i have been known to make gulab jamuns at 2 a.m....what can i say

No comments: