Wednesday, May 13, 2009

how many have you got?

a friend yesterday sent me a lovely poem meant for the sisterhood... you know...the i love you sister kind of forwards that i read and like and seldom forward to the 21 people and if you get it back then you are loved etc....

i dont really need forwards to tell me who loves me...the people in my life already do.......so yeah, while i dont need the replies to tell me how important i am to people, i wonder what makes the relationships i am in work? take my newly formed friendships for instance. in the past 2 years that i have been blogging, i have found some endearing people...they will stay on with me regardless of how much longer i continue to blog... and on the other hand, i look at the friends i have collected on social networking sites that confuse me. hell, at last count i had 293 on a popular site...surely at 2 a.m if i need someone, i wont be looking there! one of these days i need to run through that list and purge myself of all those who i actually dont know and recognise....i mean, yeah you add people for various reasons...and i've been able to get in touch with long lost classmates and cousins thrice removed....so its nice that way... but every once in a while i am reminded that i may be someone's "contact" just to add numbers and make the friends list more robust.... yeah...there i said it!!

i've had some of the most amazing people come into my life, and regardless of not being in touch with them to know what outfit they wore on monday morning to work, i dont think of those in the past tense. my best friend i havent spoken to for 3 yrs. when i do, i know the three years of incommunicado wont matter... when i need my 2a.m friend, that's who i am calling.

here's the line i loved from that forward of yesterday
....but it was a lovely poem all the same and it had this one line which i quote

Be the kind of woman that when your feet
Hit the floor each
morning the devil says
"Oh Crap, She's up!"




1 comment:

Swapna said...

Good one :)