Saturday, March 15, 2008

burnt a hole in my mouth

quite literally....a midnight craving for an aloo samosa, led me to the kitchen the next afternoon when i was trying to figure out what to do with my 'down' time..... i followed the recipe from a food blog....and made up two batches...one the healthier baked option and the other the fried one....no sooner did the baked version come out of the oven, i pounced on it....tore off a bit, blew it rapidly to cool...was satisfied and popped it into my mouth....

what i felt for the next10 seconds is inexplicable....the molten aloo (potato) stuffing stuck to the roof of my mouth and burnt it through and through......i will not describe the gross details for fear of losing the few random readers who see this space...lets just say that i have been walking around for the past two days feeling like i drank some acid, like there is a hole on the roof of my mouth that has rendered me incapable of eating anything.....i've just been drinking stuff which is easy to swallow and non acidic and cooled to room temp or lesser.....the next time i will know better....than to act like a starved person when accosted with samosas however yummy they look.....

No comments: