Friday, October 12, 2007

My classes got on TV

i've had mind numbing internet issues the past two weeks..... my computer refuses to have anything to do with the remote server after about 30 minutes and i have to reboot...sometimes lose all my work...cos i am working without the powercord which is in the guest room, where i have my home office and now i dont use it cos amma is here and having her nap...then tata indicom my internet service provider cuts my connection...this is done without ensuring i have received my bill....also i dont understand why i have to be disconnected if i have an outstanding of Rs. 446 against a credit limit of Rs 1000 and a security deposit of rs. 2000......just beats me...... if all of this wasnt enough....two posts i typed on a friends computer got lost thanks to YSR and the power failure....so all in all i have had one lousy fortnight....

added to which i have just recovered from a nasty flu but am still coughing like the TB patients in movies.....but i am glad that this time i got better with just paracetamol and home grown remedies of ginger juice with honey and another concoction MIL II gave me and i'd rather not know what it contained!!

i had my 5 minutes of fame on TV...the telecast happened on 3rd of oct..... it was a 5 minute capsule on chocolate making and a Q&A session......K missed it both on telecast and on the repeat...amma was terribly excited and got atleast 10 of her friends to watch...a friend has kindly recorded it and i will get the cd in a couple of days......i didnt know how excited people would be for me.... the circulating library guy was thrilled and mentioned it to me shyly a few days later..... the guy at the shop from where i buy my chocolate supplies also asked "how was the response after TV prog??" ..... so that was that.....

the classes are going well.... my writing could do with some dedication..... i am a little antsy about the upcoming festive season.....its going to take a lot of planning if i want things to go as planned from now till new years....... i'm nervous cos i know i am not the sort to keep the best laid plans....throws up possibilities for so much excitement, work and fraught nerves!! mine and others!!

2 comments:

Padmaja said...

what a nice write up arundathi!! loved going thru!! and congrats for u'r tv venture!!!

Sreelu said...

Arundathi,
When you get the cd post it on you tube and let us know.

Would love to see the face behind the blog :)