Saturday, February 13, 2010

waking up early

i hate waking up early in the mornings....even in my student days, 6 a.m was the earliest i could open my eyes and get out of bed. if i woke up at 4 or 5 a.m like any of my other friends, i would fall asleep again by 6 and would completely defeat the purpose of the early rise!! having said that, i cant sleep when its bright outside. So as a natural alarm clock, i leave a small portion of the window curtains pulled back, so the light streams into my bedroom and wakes me up.... i cant stay in bed after 7.30, even on the days when i have slept at 5 a.m, that's my curse....of course the exception being when i go to K's parents house. There i can sleep till 10 a.m and wont even know it!! the exception for this inability to sleep late is when i am stressed...i toss and turn and sleep for just 20 mins at a stretch all night... when K is unwell, or anyone else...when work stresses me....or some inane needless crappy situation in the family or friends circle....before a really big project.....etc...i can be up sometimes when dawn still hasnt broken... today is one of those days!!

there's stress....and then there is the joy of being woken up to the news that your friends have become parents for the second time....what joy and anxiousness melded into one!! baby boy goompa...an older sister is born....parents again after 10 years!! congratulations and god bless....

this good fortune should see me through the rest of today...

No comments: